Doorstep Portraits in Southampton
A record of local Southampton families during the Coronavirus lockdown.
Doorstep Portraits - the details.
My Doorstep Portraits project aims to give you a lovely photograph of your family, and to make a record of this unique moment in time. We are all affected by Coronavirus in some way, and these Southampton doorstep portraits will document how we are all doing our part and staying at home to help stop the spread of the pandemic.
There are a few rules to follow.
- I will take the doorstep portraits while I am on my daily exercise. If you live around the Shirley/Millbrook area of Southampton I may be able to be flexible and include you on a walk. If you live further away, I will try and get to you by bike when I have a few people interested in your area and can do them in one go. If you are unsure, please contact me and I will let you know if I can come to you.
- We will keep to social distancing rules at all times. I don't want to be putting anyone at risk with this project. I will arrange with you a time I will be outside your house. I will stay on the pavement at all times and take a portrait of you at your front doorway. We will have a quick chat, I will arrange you for your portrait and the whole process should only take about 5 minutes.
- If you are able, please follow the link below to my Just Giving page and leave a donation for the NHS Charities in return for your portrait. I appreciate this is a hard time for everyone, but every little helps, just give as much as you can.
- You will receive a low-res copy of your Southampton Doorstep Portrait via email (enough for viewing on screen or sharing online). If you wish to order a print, let me know and I can arrange that for a small extra charge.
- I would like to share any images I take with Southampton Museum as a record of this time in our history. You can of course choose not to share your photo, let me know your preference.
If you are interested, please use the contact form below to get in touch.
Book a Southampton Doorstep Portrait
If you would like to book a Doorstep Portrait, or if you have any questions, fill in the contact form and I will get back to you.
Thank you so much for wanting to take part! :)